Damp patches in a home are not only unsightly and smelly but can also cause health problems. Damp left to turn into mould produces allergens, irritants and sometimes toxic substances, that cause problems when inhaled or touched. Therefore it is essential that dampness is prevented and removed if it does occur. But what exactly is it?
Damp is a localized excess of the naturally occurring moisture that is always present in air as water vapour. An excess can occur when there is a sudden increase in the amount of moisture in the room, or may build up slowly over time if fresh air isn’t allowed to enter. When air cools down, it has a lower capacity for holding moisture so deposits water droplets in the form of condensation on cold surfaces such as walls and windows. If left alone, over time this will turn into mould.
The Radfan is the UK's most popular radiator fan and with over 4 stars on Amazon is the most effective way to feel warmer at home.